Moving beyond traditional menstrual hygiene products, period panties have been creating a buzz over the recent past. Currently receiving strong support from favorable government initiatives regarding awareness about feminine hygiene and menstrual healthcare, the global period panties market will observe stellar growth prospects over the forecast period (2019 – 2029).
A study suggests that the global period panties market revenues will exceed US$ 100 Mn by the end of 2020, led by significant sales in North America. In the backdrop of massive environmental impact of disposable menstrual products that has been a longstanding concern, the market for period panties is witnessing strong growth in preference for reusable period panties.
Key Takeaways – Period Panties Market Study
- North America will continue to lead its way in the global period panties market, as a result of growing preference of North American consumers for sustainable menstrual hygiene products.
- Prominent manufacturers of period panties in North America are focused on period panty technology that aims to help women effectively deal with leakage, incontinence, and stains.
- In terms of style, briefs hold a leading share in the global period panties market. Briefs are comfortable, have good coverage, and suitable for heavy flow days. Their sales are prominent among working women and athletes.
- Preference for brief period panties for the white vaginal discharge will also remain a pivotal factor boosting sales.
- Hipster style period panties currently account for a significant market share, as they stylish yet comfortable, and offer adequate coverage.
Women in rural areas still face the challenges while managing menses and the associated hygiene at school, home, workplaces, and public settings. Various organizations such as UNICEF (The United Nations Children’s Fund) and NHM (National Health Mission) are thus introducing schemes and establishing offices in developing countries to raise awareness about menstrual health and hygiene (MHH) management practices. This would be a pivotal booster to market growth in developing Asian economies.
Raising Consumer Awareness – Key to Better Penetrate Developing Countries
To address the need of menstrual hygiene among women and adolescent girls in rural areas, governments across various countries are taking initiatives and providing funds to promote menstrual products such as period panties. Governments are also ensuring access to and use of high quality menstrual products by women in rural areas along with ensuring the safe disposal of products in an environmentally friendly way.
Social media also plays a significant role in increasing awareness among women about the various problems associated with traditional menstrual products. This will argue well for the period panties market in the long run. The degrading effect on the environment while disposable menstrual products will necessitate a mass shift towards sustainable products such as period panties at a global level.
What Are Brands up to?
The report highlights some prominent players in the global period panties market, which include Flux, Period Panteez, Lunapads International, Clovia, Dear Kate Inc., Yashram Lifestyle, Fannypants LLC, Pantyprop, Knixwear, WUKA, Anigan, Modibodi, Thinx, Harebrained, and others. Market players are primarily focused on various marketing campaigns to promote their products and create brand awareness among consumers.
- For instance, Anigan, Inc. provides menstrual education and hygiene care education to women from all walks of life and to make them aware about menstrual feminine hygiene
- FLUX utilizes the strategy of crowdfunding campaigns, which is another way of raising funds and introducing their products in the market.