- 10am: Christian Siriano, Designer & Project Runway Winner @ Social House, Booth#70106
- 1pm-3pm at Skechers / South Hall, Booth #74718: Brooke Burke Meet & Greet
- 4:00-5:00pm: Meet & greet with MVP Collections partners Mo Vaughn, former three-time MLB All Star, 1995 MVP and Frank Thomas, two-time MVP and MLB Hall of Famer
- 5pm: Opening Night Happy Hour & performance by En Vogue. WWDMAGIC HUB, 75314| S. Hall
- 6PM: PAUL AND THE BROKEN BONES concert performance in Grand Lobby, Central Hall
- 10:00am Keynote with Catt Sadler – North Hall Booth 51900
- 12-12:30 Nicky Hilton Q&A, North Hall, level 1, footwear lounge
- 12:30 – 1:30 Nicky Hilton in French Sole Booth #54108
- 1:00pm Chat with actor Jaime King @ Social House, Booth#70106
WWD Social House
Discussions with influential power players in fashion, beauty and retail. Lively conversations with host Rachel McCord, model and founder of The McCord List.Daily / Booth#70106
- 10am: Christian Siriano, Designer & Project Runway Winner interview at Social House
- 12:00pmVH1’s “Girl Cruise” – star/fashion entrepreneur, Tiffany Panhilison and Influencer, Candice Nikeiato share their advice and inspiring stories of success.
- 1:00pm Actor, activist, entrepreneur, and mom, Jaime Kingshares her inspirational story in an intimate keynote interview with Rachel McCord.
- 4pm Project Runway’s Matt Sarafa share step-by-step advice on building a community of fans and customers, increasing sales, and growing
BROOKE BURKE AT SKECHERS
- Meet brand ambassador Brooke Burke from 1-3pm on Aug 12. South Hall, Booth #74718
ART INSTALLATION: Where WWDMAGIC Dolls: What to Where Collection
- Daily / WWDMAGIC | South Hall Main Aisle
Take a trip around the world with our life-sizeWWDMAGIC Dolls (wearing your fave show floor brands), then snap a pic in your #MAGICReady outfit for a chance to be featured on our social media!
- Glamp Squad: Make the wild outdoors even more picturesque in the ultimate photo-ready outfit! With glammed up cargo shorts, Timberlands, and gear, your utilitarian look gets a serious upgrade.
- Dude, Where’s my ranch?: Don’t mess with Texas, y’all. Complete with Daisy Duke cutoffs, worn-in cowboy boots and your very own lasso, you too can dress to take on the wild, wild West.
- Berlin, I’m in!: Punk has never looked so posh. With an ’80s-glam sports bra, laced-up combat boots, and studded everything, you’re ready to rage at the most iconic clubs on the scene.
- Le Brunch: Who needs lunch when you can le brunch? With an of-the-moment beret, summer capris, and champagne for days, you’ll have everyone asking where you shop, s’ilvous plait.
- I CANNES Believe it!:It’s only the sea-and-be-scene on the French Riviera. Make your mark on this chic stretch of beach with oversized sunnies, a luxe lounge chair, and the perfect monokini.
- What Happens in Vegas: We’ll never tell… but your pics will say it all! Toast to chic outfits and questionable life choices with a signature Vegas souvenir. Elvis impersonator not included.
CREATE & CULTIVATE PARTNERSHIP
PROJECT WOMENS is pleased to partner with Create & Cultivate, known for their female empowered conferences, to provide educational and inspirational sessions to help you better grow your business and yourself.
- Mondayand Tuesday, North Hall Booth#51900
Monday August 12th
- 11:00am – How Create & Cultivate Harnesses the Power of the Working Millennial Woman,
Create & Cultivate founder and CEO, Jaclyn Johnson will chat through the brand’s successful business and influencer strategy.
- 3:00pm – Creative Collaboration: How to Team Up for a Successful Collab That Is a Win-Win
The rise of brand collaborations in fashion is undeniable. This discussion will look into the growing movement, its economical and marketing benefits for both brands, and how brands can share the space without losing their identity. PANELISTS: Aysha Harun, Content Creator, Danika Brysha, Founder and CEO of Model Meals, and IMG Curve Model, Shalice Noel, Founder of Shalicenoel.com, Digital Creator and Entrepreneur, Katie Austin, Fitness + Sports Personality
Tuesday August 13th
- 10:00am Keynote with Catt Sadler (Host: Create & Cultivate CEO and Founder Jaclyn Johnson) – North Hall Booth 51900
- Three-time Emmy-winning journalist takes us through her 20 years on-air, what it’s like to be a woman in a male-dominated industry. PANELIST: Catt Sadler, TV Host, Podcast Host, and Journalist
JANE FONDA LAUNCH
Booth #51231, North Hall
Jane is launching an activewear line. Her line is all made in the USA including trims and fabrics woven here. Size range from XS-3X. She will have three key collections workout wear, athleisure (you can wear out/all occasions) and Philosophies collection with Jane’s quotes and activism highlighted.
WWDMAGIC continues to recognize and highlight a collection of conscious brands with a themed mannequin display including all CC brands in a vignette.
- Daily, North Hall Booth#50900
FN PLATFORM (FOOTWEAR)
Shop the most comprehensive selection of international footwear brands the industry has to offer all under one roof at FN PLATFORM. From Spain, Brazil, Italy, Turkey to Portugal’s most acclaimed shoe icons, we’re bringing you the latest collections from 30+ countries.
NICKY HILTON, Tuesday, August 13
Nicky will be at FN PLATFORM on Tuesday, August 13 with her collection with French Sole, called Nicky Hilton x French Sole New York.
- She will be showing her Fall 2019 line & the DEBUT of Spring 2020. An exclusive first look at the SS20 collection!
- 12:30-1:30 Meet Nicky at BOOTH #54108
rapid FIRE: #20QUESTIONS WITHNICKY HILTON
Tuesday, August 13 – 12:00PM – 12:30PM, NORTH HALL, LEVEL 1, FOOTWEAR LOUNGE
- Nicky will be dishing on her personal style and footwear philosophy with a rapid-fire question and answer session and delve into topics such as: style changes since motherhood, personal taste and preference in shoes, current and upcoming shoe collaborations….and more.
LACOSTE VIRTUAL REALITY ACTIVATION
- LVCC, CENTRAL HALL, FN PLATFORM MEN’S, BOOTH #63700
- An immersive experience in virtual reality! Visit this custom, high-tech arena and be transported to the Parisian atelier of Lacoste founder Rene Lacoste. Explore his inventions and see the creation of the first polo shirt. Try your luck on the putting green and smash some serves on the various tennis courts from around the world.
SOURCING at MAGIC
SHOW FOCUS: FASHION TECHNOLOGY AND INNOVATION
Discover the latest in innovation and technology in textiles, machinery, equipment, software and service providers from around the world.
- With three unique micro factories you will find the cutting edge in Apparel Design and Manufacturing Technology from 3D Body Scanning, digital fashion/textile design software and direct to fabric printing, automatic sewing along with automatic fabric cutting. From top Companies such as TUKATECH, ETON Systems and AIMS360.
- Sustainability Driven by innovative Fashion Tech: Our Sustainability Gallery will showcase new and emerging technology and service providers with a spotlight on technologies, companies, and organizations that are driving fashion forward towards a more sustainable future.
NEW: Footwear Innovation Lab
- An all new Interactive lab and event for our Footwear SOURCING show this lab showcases the latest in materials, manufacturing and content for the footwear companies of tomorrow. Come design your own prototype and see what cutting edge technology is available to you.
NEW: WGSN Trend Display
- WGSN is now the OFFICIAL Trend Partner for SOURCING at MAGIC and will be showcasing an all-new WGSN Trend Pop Up Installation. Featuring a fresh perspective on WGSN’s A/W 20/21 Trend Predictions in this purpose built “Pop Up” installation built specifically for WGSN.
- WGSN is highly regarded as the “leader” in trend forecasting and access to their latest trend predictions (A/W 21’/21’) is complimentary with your registration to SOURCING at MAGIC.
JUST ANNOUNCED SEMINAR:
IMPROMPTU TOWN HALL …
- Please join Rick Helfenbein, President and CEO of the American Apparel & Footwear Association (AAFA), for a live update on the current China-trade and escalating tariff situation direct from AAFA’s home base in Washington. Rick regularly appears on CNBC, CNN, FOX Business, and more to weigh in on the impact these trade policy decisions have on AAFA member brands, the industry at large, and American consumers. A 15 minute overview will be followed by open questions from the audience.
- Location SOUTH HALL ROOM S224 1:30-2:30
PANTONE Color Display / Lounge
- Latest color trends from Pantone in our Pantone Color Lounge.
- Focused Seminar Led by Laurie Pressman, V.P., PANTONE COLOR INSTITUTE (August 12)
- TOPIC: NEST: COLOR AS OASIS FOR AUTUMN WINTER 20/21
- The concept of nesting is fundamental to our very existence. As we color our nest in Autumn/Winter 2020/21 color resounds; rich saturated shades sit alongside strong modern pastels and muted natural color, with texture, reflection and shine acting as integral partners in the way colors are seen and executed.
NEW LAYOUT: ONE MAGIC MOVE
- This August marks a milestone move for MAGIC. We are bringing all our shows in Las Vegas under one roof at the Las Vegas Convention Center, creating the new ONE MAGIC fashion marketplace.
- The move offered us a unique opportunity to reposition footwear on the show floor alongside its apparel lifestyle counterparts. This will provide footwear-only retailers a look into the next seasons apparel trends and will enable buyers the assurance they are selecting the right footwear colors and styles for the upcoming fashion.